3 definition(s) found in 3 dictionary(ies). Click on dictionary name to show/hide that dictionary. Click on entry number to focus/unfocus on that entry.
Double-click on any word in an entry to look it up.
κατάστασις, a settling, appointing, appointment, institution
- Itrans. a settling, appointing, appointment, institution, Aesch., Dem.; δαιμόνων κατ. their ordinance, Eur.
- 2appointment of magistrates, Plat.
- 3a bringing of ambassadors before the senate or assembly, an introduction, presentation, Hdt.
- 4κ. ἐγγυητῶν a bringing oneʼs bail forward, Dem.
- 5a putting down, calming, Arist.
- IIintr. a standing firm, a settled condition, fixedness, Soph.
- 2a state, condition, Hdt., Eur., etc.
- 3a constitution, system, Hdt., Plat.